Gluten, Milk, Sulphites
This product has been made in a kitchen that uses nut ingredients
Please Note: The details above are correct as of 5 May 2020 but as we are constantly improving our recipes it is essential to check the label on the packaging.
- Red and yellow peppers give the sauce its lovely deep colour
- An incredible versatile dish, it works well with potatoes, rice, pasta, and even as a pie
- This is COOK's version of the 70s dinner party classic Chicken à la King. The 'Alexander' comes from our co-founder Dale: it's one of his middle names. We're saving the other, Colchester, for a real emergency
Try it with:
- When the suns out, Chicken Alexander makes a lovely rich and creamy sauce for pappardelle pasta. Serve with a green salad on the side or try adding some sun blushed tomatoes and dressing with pea shoots
- Keep it simple with some rice and sugar snap peas, sliced in half and steamed quickly in a frying pan (just fill the pan to a shallow depth with boiling water and swirl round a knob of butter). It keeps the sugar snaps lovely and crisp and bursting with flavour and goodness
- If you're in need of some comfort food, try a Chicken Alexander pie. Just heat and add it to a pie dish, top with puff pastry, cut an X in the middle to let the air out, and brush with a beaten egg yolk. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes and serve with Creamy Mash
Click & Collect; Order for next day collection in store. Collections can be made between 3-5p,. There is a £10 minimum order for this.
Local Delivery; available in CH41 to 49 and CH60-63. You can now select your choice of date for delivery, any day within 5 days of date of order. Minimum order £25
Garden Furniture: If you live outside these postcodes, please get in touch by email on how we can arrange delivery when you order garden furniture through our website.